Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Professor Spaceman

Replies

• poopinmymouth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    poopinmymouth polycounter lvl 19
    That elbow joint should at least have a double edge on the front most edge, though you could probably get away with a double loop all the way around. It would collapse a lot if the arm were bent with only one edge loop right at the elbow.
  • thatanimator
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thatanimator polycounter lvl 6
    now I'm not a fancy big city animator, but I'd say we are in more need of your everyday elbow/knee edge loop rather than the edge loop you have going at the start of his thigh.

I can kind of see what you had in mind there, but I don't see it being needed.

It'd make it a harsher deformation than what you have at the elbow/knee and it would suggest putting the thigh joint too far down, resulting in less "realistic" movement of the leg. horrible explanation and feedback, but again.. not your big city animator ;P

I'm not too much of an elbow/knee-loop-nazi really. I think those parts are fine, if you want them deforming in the way they will.. (depending on joint placement and skinning of course).
    I guess you want the joints placed a bit more at the back of the knee/front of the elbow/bottom of the fingers, so it should all be fine.

Only thing that I'd be looking out for is that edge at the start of the thigh, yeah.. :)
  • Justin Meisse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Justin Meisse polycounter lvl 18
    thanks guys, this is the sort of stuff I want to hear. I'll do some tests to get a better idea.